Thursday, March 3, 2011

CJ's BUTTer Review.

CJ's BUTTer is cloth diaper friendly diaper rash ointment. It's also used for eczema, rashes, dry skin, even as a leave in conditioner for your hair! It's a very versatile product, that comes in a jar, stick or tube. There are several yummy scents to choose from, or an unscented option for yeast rashes.

J-baby has a very sensitive bum. We end up using diaper cream quite regularly. We were given California Baby at our baby shower, and it has worked very well for us. (It's CD friendly as well.) But it smells like medicine. And using it makes both of us smell like medicine the whole day. So when I heard CJ's BUTTer had scents, I was excited.

I'll be honest, I wanted to like this. There are so many great reviews out there for this product, and it came highly recommended by of a friend of mine. So I picked up a sample in the Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey scent. I used it for a day, and it seemed to work quite nicely.

Fast forward a week or so to the second time we used it. His bum wasn't particularly red, but I was looking to see if putting on a thin layer at night would keep him from waking up with irritated skin. Nope. Not even a little bit. It looked horrible the next morning. So it was back to CB that day. A few days later he was looking red, and we tried CJ's again. No good. It was just as red as before. No worse, but no better either. I was also a little disappointed that the scent didn't remind me of oatmeal, milk, or honey. Really, it just smelled like baby powder to me.

Sample jar.

Top view.

The consistency is a bit more like petroleum jelly than I was expecting. Not really a problem, and it doesn't feel particularly greasy, just not what I thought it would be.
















Final Verdict: Like I say, this product has wonderful reviews. It just didn't work for us. But with the price of a 0.5oz sample only $1.50, trying it isn't going to be a huge loss.

5 comments:

  1. I love your review blog :) I read every time you post. I think it's gonna help us a little bit when we decide to have a baby since we want to CD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks! I'm trying to do one a day but it's difficult with Joe and working and school and everything else. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...it is a good price to try it. I will keep it in mind. Can I use Boudreaux's butt paste? Or is it not CD friendly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not CD friendly. Here's a chart to help you find what works and what won't: http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/diaperrashcreams.htm

    I'm also in the process of testing a "Bum Bar" made by Navy wife who's also a WAHM. So far, I'm LOVING it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the Oatmeal, Milk & Honey smells just like baby powder. Disappointing, the baby powder smell is what I hate about how disposable diapers smell. I have not tried it though, I found your review by googling "CJ's oatmeal smells like baby powder" because I thought maybe my smeller was broken.

    ReplyDelete